Gibson Custom Shop 1956 Les Paul GoldTop, ML Double Gold Top 033 8lbs 12.8oz
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
*PICTURES ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR!*
Weight: 8lbs 12.8oz
Breathtaking '56 Goldtop with Murphy Lab Aging
Do you yearn for the chunky neck of an early Les Paul? The historic accuracy of a '50s no-wire bridge? The authentic look of a case-lived Golden Era classic? The Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged is your chance to get your fretting hand around these features and more.
The 1956 Les Paul lays claim to what many guitarists consider to be the Holy Grail of neck profiles: the Chunky "C". The '56 is also known for its no-wire ABR-1 bridge and smooth-to-snarling P-90 single-coil pickups. The Gibson Custom '56 Reissue brings these characteristics to a period-correct collectible that's accurate down to the gold paint, replica parts, and hot hide glue construction. Factor in an authentic Ultra-Light Aged finish brought to you by the Gibson Custom Shop's Murphy Lab — named for Master Artisan Tom Murphy — and the 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue is one of the most accurate re-creations this side of vintage. If you're chasing that true '56 vibe, you're going to revel in all the Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged has to offer.
Under the leadership of Master Artisan Tom Murphy, Gibson Custom Shop's Murphy Lab performs one specific function: to craft artfully aged instruments using the most cutting-edge tools available. This Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged features the Murphy Lab's Ultra-Light Aging treatment, boasting unique lacquer checking with minimal playing wear. It's as if the guitar spent most of its life in its case. VOS patina hardware puts the final touch on this exquisite instrument. Beyond that, this guitar's extra-rolled fingerboard binding mimics the broken-in look and feel of a Golden-era Gibson. If you clamor for the authenticity and distinct character of a well-worn vintage-style instrument, there's a Murphy Lab-aged guitar that will feel like it was tailor-made just for you.
Fat, satisfying '50s profile neck
The 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged features a Chunky “C” profile neck, which is considered the Holy Grail among Les Paul players who prefer thick necks. If you're in this camp, wrapping your fretting hand around a juicy tree trunk of a neck is the real deal, which makes the 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged your kind of axe.
P-90 pickups supply the original Les Paul sound
When the Les Paul first came out, the P-90 was the only pickup option in town. And when PAF humbuckers came into the fold, P-90s were all but reduced to "budget pickups." Well, it only took about a decade or three for many guitar players to come back around to the P-90. Why? Because they sound amazing! Warm and creamy, snarling and full of life, the Custom Soapbar P-90s in this 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue capture the very essence of the classic pre-PAF Dog Ear P-90. Roll back the tone and keep the volume in check, and you've got access to the liquid jazz lines Les Paul himself liked to play, or open them up and tap into slightly rude and gritty tonal territory. Simple as they are, these classic pickups give the 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue the wide range of classic tones you crave.
Historic no-wire ABR-1 bridge
Just like a real-deal '50s Les Paul, the 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged sports an ABR-1 bridge without the common saddle retention wire — a feature rolled out by Gibson in 1962 for fear of players' bridge saddles and screws falling out during string changes. Some players believe this bridge was a key ingredient to the '50s Les Paul sound. Others just delight in its authenticity. Regardless of your theory behind it, if you're looking for period accuracy, the 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged delivers in spades.
Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra-Light Aged Electric Guitar Features:
Breathtaking '56 Goldtop reissue
Murphy Lab Ultra-Light Aging simulates the look of a case-lived, Golden-era classic
Satisfying Chunky “C” neck profile
No-wire ABR-1 bridge plus lightweight aluminum stopbar are a recipe for resonant tone and solid intonation
Custom Shop P-90 pickups serve up old-school Les Paul chime and snarl
Hide-glued mahogany neck delivers exceptional sustain and response
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- A restocking fee may be assessed if an item is not returned in it's originally sold condition. If the customer wishes to return an item they received because they do not like the item (i.e. sound, feel, look), the customer is responsible for shipping costs to and from and those costs will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your payment method issuer’s policies.
- Kazoos, harmonicas, and microphones are non-returnable / non-refundable
- You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs to and from for returning an item that is not to your liking (see above). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.