Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue, Ultra Light Aged Bourbon Burst 122
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
Experience the Legendary 1958 Les Paul
Lovingly crafted by the world-class luthiers at Gibson Custom, the 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue Ultra-Light Aged solidbody electric guitar sings like a vintage original. And thanks to masterful aging from the Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab, you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish it from an original '58 Les Paul. Fans of hefty '50s neck profiles will absolutely love the Chunky "C"-shape neck profile, topped with era-accurate narrow frets for period-correct playability. Complete with a pair of Custombucker Alnico humbucking pickups that deliver definitive PAF tone, the Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue will instantly transport you to Gibson's golden era.
Under the leadership of Master Artisan Tom Murphy, Gibson Custom Shop's Murphy Lab performs one specific function: to craft artfully aged instruments using the most cutting-edge tools available. These guitars are targeted to one of four distinct levels of age and wear, ranging from Ultra-Light to Ultra-Heavy. This 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue features Ultra-Light aging, boasting unique lacquer checking with minimal playing wear. It's as if the guitar spent most of its life in its case. VOS patina hardware puts the final touch on this exquisite instrument. Beyond that, this guitar's extra-rolled fingerboard binding mimics the broken-in look and feel of a Golden-era Gibson. If you clamor for the authenticity and distinct character of a well-worn vintage-style instrument, there's a Murphy Lab-aged guitar that will feel like it was tailor-made just for you.
Custombucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to the 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue’s electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and bumblebee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path was designed to give you absolutely dead-on 1958 Les Paul tone. Of course, it’s next to impossible to find genuine ’50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, this 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue sports a pair of Gibson’s Custombucker humbuckers. The Custombucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. You just won’t find another Les Paul that comes this close to the original look, sound, and feel of a 1958 Les Paul.
Chunky "C"-shape neck and Plek'd frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson's primary concerns when they were designing the 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue. You'll be delighted at how this guitar's Chunky "C"-shape neck profile comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the bound Indian rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and the frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you're likely to own.
Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue Ultra-Light Aged Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
Built to the exact specs of a vintage 1958 original
Ultra-Light aging expertly applied in the Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab
Plek'd frets for optimized playability
2 unpotted Custombucker Alnico III humbucking pickups for iconic PAF tonality
ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum Stop Bar
Kluson Single line/single-ring tuners
Factory strings: Gibson 10–46, standard tuning
Includes hard case and Custom Shop certificate of authenticity
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- A restocking fee may be assessed if an item is not returned in it's originally sold condition. If the customer wishes to return an item they received because they do not like the item (i.e. sound, feel, look), the customer is responsible for shipping costs to and from and those costs will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your payment method issuer’s policies.
- Kazoos, harmonicas, and microphones are non-returnable / non-refundable
- You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs to and from for returning an item that is not to your liking (see above). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.